Are you a highly motivated student or graduate with an interest in European affairs and want to gain invaluable experience working in the heart of the EU?
Colm Markey MEP is hiring an intern to work in his Brussels office this September. The position is full-time and paid and the internship will last up to five months.
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or a candidate country
- Are aged 18 or over on the internship start date
- Have obtained or are in the process of obtaining a diploma or degree
- Be legally allowed to work in Belgium
- Not be party to an employment contract or any working contractual relationship during their internship.
- Not have previously carried out an internship with an MEP and not have previously worked as parliamentary assistant to an MEP, whether local or accredited
Description of tasks (non-exhaustive)
- Assisting the MEP and staff in planning meetings and drafting minutes
- Monitoring social media and creating content
- Researching topics related to the MEP’s policy interests
- Helping to plan webinars and in-person events
- Assisting the Communications Advisor with media requests and website maintenance
- Filing of emails and updating the MEP’s diary
- Monitoring Parliamentary work in the MEP’s home country (Ireland)
Note: Travel to Strasbourg may be required for plenary sessions of the European Parliament
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interest in politics/European affairs
- Strong communication, research and digital skills
- Experience in creating social media content
- Interest in the MEP’s policy areas and Committee work
- A team player but can also work independently when required
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 CEST on August 6th 2021.
Online interviews will take place mid-August. The ideal starting date for the internship will be during September.
*Please note: Due to the current health situation, this role may involve some remote working in Brussels.