Are you a highly motivated student or graduate with an interest in European affairs?
Would you like to gain valuable experience working in the heart of the EU?
Colm Markey MEP is hiring an intern to work in his Brussels office this March.
The position is full-time and an allowance will be paid in line with European Parliament Rates.
The internship will last for up to five months.
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or a candidate country
- Aged 18 or over on the internship start date
- Have obtained or are in the process of obtaining a diploma or degree
- Be legally allowed to work in Belgium
- Not be party to an employment contract or any working contractual relationship during their internship.
- Not have previously carried out an internship with an MEP and not have previously worked as parliamentary assistant to an MEP.
Description of tasks (non-exhaustive)
- Assisting the MEP and staff in planning meetings and drafting minutes
- Monitoring social media and creating content
- Researching topics related to the MEP’s policy interests
- Helping to plan webinars and in-person events
- Assisting the Communications Advisor with media requests and website maintenance
- Filing of emails and updating the MEP’s diary
- Monitoring Parliamentary work in the MEP’s home country (Ireland)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interest in politics/European affairs
- Strong communication, research and digital skills
- Experience in creating social media content
- Interest in the MEP’s policy areas and Committee work
- A team player but can also work independently when required
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Monday 28th February.
The selection process will commence immediately after the closing date and it is hoped to have the trainee in place before the end of March.